Friday, September 25, 2009

The Obligatory Introductory Post

Hello. For now, you can call me PB.

I was sitting around one day, just thinking, and it occurred to me...damn, what the world needs now are blogs, more blogs! In a highly uncharacteristic move, I decided to rise to the occasion.

Thus - this.

Progressive Bitch. Yup - that's me. It's pretty self-explanatory, but just in case...

Progressive - My politics are progressive. I am pro-choice...pro-women's rights in every sense. I am pro-gay marriage...pro-gay rights in every sense. I'm for the environment, health care reform, separation of church and state, peaceful diplomacy, and gun control. I want to see a healthier planet, a more compassionate society, a more tolerant and loving world. I am emphatically anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-homophobia, anti-transphobia, anti-xenophobia, anti-ablism, anti-ageism, anti-violence, anti-BULLSHIT.

Bitch - My attitude is a little bitchy. Yeah. I suppose this is part of that whole "taking the word back" concept. The way I see it is that all those things that make people call me a bitch - demanding equality with men, not shutting up just because someone doesn't want to hear me, fighting for my rights, being a loud and proud ally, telling off harrassers and misogynists, being proud of my intelligence and not afraid to show it - I am proud of these things. So if they make me a bitch, then so be it - I'm a bitch, and proud of that, too. I don't take shit and I don't cower. I am not meek, I am not restrained, and I am not sorry.

In addition to all of this, anyone who may end up reading this should know I am a soccer devotee. I'm a born-and-bred American, but once I found soccer I fell in love like Juliet and that was all she wrote. This sport is thrilling, it's amazing, it's sexy, it's powerful, it's awe-inspiring, and like the saying goes, it's a beautiful game. No other sport grabbed my attention like soccer, and nothing will ever top it. I want to help make this sport huge in this country, and the best way to do that is to tell you - believe me, go to a game. You will not be sorry. It gets inside you. You do not know ecstasy until you see your team score a brilliant goal and win a great game, and you do not know agony until that brilliant goal is scored against your team and that game is lost. Soccer is life, in every sense of the word.

Put all of that together, and that's a pretty good biography of me. There's more, of course, and I'm sure it'll all spill out across the pixels eventually.

Thanks for being here. Hope you stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment